Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD 1.2.0-unstable Windows Release available for download

Most Recent

written by: Tones2

Has anyone tried the stable Windows 7 version on a Vista 64 bit machine? I know it's not officially supported, but I'm just wondering if it would actually work at all.

Tony

written by: sam

Fri, 28 May 2010 16:48:23 +0100 BST

Dear All,

At last, we have a first release of EigenD for Windows. You can find it in the
unstable section of our web site.

This is our first release, and we expect some problems with it, so don't use it
for performance just yet! We'll be continuing work on the port, and should be
delivering incremental improvements as we make them.

At the moment, It's solely for the Pico, and we've only tested it on Windows 7
(32 and 64 bits) There are a few known problems, which we've detailed in the
accompanying release notes.

If you have any comments or problems please file a bug report or feel free to comment here.

Please have a go with it, and get filing those bug reports!

Many thanks,

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: Tenebrous

Fri, 28 May 2010 17:07:57 +0100 BST

Excellent, I know what I'm doing this bank holiday weekend! Fantastic job guys :)

Fri, 28 May 2010 23:52:32 +0100 BST

If you're installing on Win7 64-bit, you need to put your VST plugins here:
* C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins

written by: keyman

Fri, 28 May 2010 23:54:18 +0100 BST

I Have a VAIO, will try out on Windows 7....(( cheat on the MBP....hope no one tells))

Keyman

written by: Jack

Sat, 29 May 2010 22:09:49 +0100 BST

Is anyone else having trouble unzipping the Windows Unstable release? I've tried downloading multiple times with no luck. I'm using WInZip 14.5 - the latest version. I've also tried jZip. Help - so close to hearing the Pico!!!!

written by: eugenb

Sat, 29 May 2010 22:46:37 +0100 BST

hm... i used 7zip without problems. do you really have the whole thing?
my suggestion: try downloading it again.
good luck!

Sat, 29 May 2010 23:38:35 +0100 BST

What size file did you receive? I receive 3,377,862 KB consistantly. I will look into 7zip next. Thank you for your help.

Sat, 29 May 2010 23:52:00 +0100 BST

Interesting. 7zip reports two different file sizes both slightly more than what I cited before. Heres' hoping the 7th time is the charm.

Sun, 30 May 2010 01:25:09 +0100 BST

Around here everything OK (also unzip it with 7zip).
I've bin playing and playing... so far very similar to the OSX version.!!

Keyman

Sun, 30 May 2010 13:26:53 +0100 BST

7th download was the charm. Thanks for the help. Man are those keys sensitive!!!!

Cheers, Jack

written by: zendrix

Mon, 31 May 2010 15:26:51 +0100 BST

Downloaded the Windows release over the weekend. So far, so good, though with a few not unexpected crashes. I have one particular problem though that I cannot figure out.

When I attempt to select a soundfont to replace any of those already installed on my Pico, I am unable to see (and therefore cannot select) any bank contained within the .sf2 file. I get to the stage where the soundfont files are listed in the EigenBrowser, but when I go into any individual one of them, no banks are displayed or selectable. Perhaps I am missing something. Grateful for any thoughts.

Alan

Tue, 1 Jun 2010 04:02:06 +0100 BST

Hi Alan...
It's a known issue (documented on the pdf)

3 – Bugs and known issues in this release
Click within the Sampler instruments

We'll have to wait... to be fully implemented and be more stable / robust.

Keyman

written by: matspan

Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:53:55 +0100 BST

Any ideas when a vista version will be available?

written by: sam

Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:52:00 +0100 BST

Hi matspan,

We will be releasing an unstable version of EigenD for Windows Vista once we have a more stable version of the Windows 7 EigenD up and running.

Keep an eye on the RSS feeds and I will post to this thread when more information becomes available.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:28:07 +0100 BST

Sam,

Any plans for when a Win 7 version that supports the Alpha will be available?

Thanks very much,
T

written by: Darkwood

Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:01:32 +0100 BST

Just on a lark I downloaded and ran the Eigend in vista and it runs OK. A few hiccups here and there,but I haven't decided to update to windows 7 yet.

Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:06:31 +0100 BST

Just for info, you can dual-boot Win7 and Vista if you have a second HDD partition free. I did this to evaluate Win7 before moving over to it permanently.

Also, I have a third drive where I store all my work, and all the sample libraries, and games etc, which means e.g. for Steam Games, and the Electri6ity sample library for example, they're only taking up space once, not twice for both OS :)

written by: thereminhero

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:44:12 +0100 BST

Is there a way to tell if ASIO drivers or DirectX drivers are being used by EigenD? I have 2 sound cards; on the internal laptop soundcard which does not support ASIO the sound is fine but I get the usual latency (approx 100ms) that comes with using DirectX. However when I plug in my ASIO compliant E-MU 0404 and restart EigenD the sound is extremely crackily and unplayable (which I only get in a DAW when the CPU or IO busses are saturated). The CPU and HD are not under load so I don't understand why this is happening.
Any ideas? I'd like to eliminate the latency.

written by: rluble

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:24:00 +0100 BST

Hi All,

I have just installed EigenD for windows and I cannot get it to run, are there any requirements other than Windows 7? When I start eigenD it launches a process ...eigend2.exe but no window appears.

Thanks,

written by: gltovar

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:49:07 +0100 BST

rluble said:
Hi All,

I have just installed EigenD for windows and I cannot get it to run, are there any requirements other than Windows 7? When I start eigenD it launches a process ...eigend2.exe but no window appears.

Thanks,

I had the same problem, i just rebooted and it opened... though I cant get 2 computers (both windows 7 one is 64bit the other is 32bit) to recognize my eigenharp. Even after manually point to the drivers. = /

Please log in to join the discussions