Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD 1.2.0-unstable Windows Release available for download

Most Recent

written by: Tones2

Has anyone tried the stable Windows 7 version on a Vista 64 bit machine? I know it's not officially supported, but I'm just wondering if it would actually work at all.

Tony

written by: rluble

Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:26:12 +0100 BST

I had the same problem, i just rebooted and it opened... though I cant get 2 computers (both windows 7 one is 64bit the other is 32bit) to recognize my eigenharp. Even after manually point to the drivers. = /

In my case rebooting does not solve the issue.

Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:28:14 +0100 BST

Hi again,

I managed to run eigenD on a different computer with windows vista. There was an issue with the pico driver though that caused the pico not to be recognized initially. The looking at the hardware id the pico declared itself as VID_04B4&PID_6473 instead of VID_2139&PID_0001 as expected in the driver.

I manually edited the .inf file and got the pico up and running. The only problem I have now in that machine is that there is a little bit of distortion especially when playing the celo...

I have still not managed to run eigenD in my main machine, with has windows 7. The eigenD2 process executes and remains executing but no window appears.

Is there anything I can try to get it running on my windows 7 machine?

Thanks,
Roberto.

written by: aaronw

Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:56:06 +0100 BST

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the info, it's really interesting.

Our Software team will be in contact with you via email about this either today or tomorrow to discuss the issue further.

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: goldenratio

Wed, 28 Jul 2010 06:58:29 +0100 BST

I'm getting really frustrated trying to download EigenD-1.2.0.zip. The connection to the rackspacecloud.com server keeps timing out. I have a really good internet connection (~30 MB/s down) and I've tried using a download manager, but it keeps resetting the connection and apparently the server also doesn't support resuming transfers, so I keep having to start from scratch.

Please find some mirrors, or host this through BitTorrent, or something.

Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:57:44 +0100 BST

goldenratio said:

...apparently the server also doesn't support resuming transfers....

Have you tried downloading using a command line utility like wget? I have just tried resuming with wget on EigenD-1.2.0 file and it resumes the download with no problem.

written by: goldenratio

Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:27:37 +0100 BST

Have you tried downloading using a command line utility like wget?

No, I hadn't. Thanks for this idea rluble.

I found a download manager that let me set an infinite number of retries. It didn't seem to support resuming either, so it kept restarting the transfer. However, I left it running overnight, and the transfer had succeeded when I checked this morning. So I'm good now. =)

It will be good when they lower the download size and make the sounds optional, etc.

written by: oscar

Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:01:46 +0100 BST

Hi,

I've installed the windows 1.2.2 version of eigenD. It work great, aside from 2 points.
1) I cannot open the eigenbrowser, so I'm missing almost half of the functionality
2) the sounds crackles when I'm playing notes fast

Are these known bugs/ is there a solution to this?

Thanks

written by: john

Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:05:37 +0100 BST

Hi Oscar

We know about both of these bugs (the browser not appearing seems to be a Vista thing, is that what you are running?) and there are fixes in the pipeline for the upcoming 1.2.3 first combined Mac/Windows Unstable release. This is due out very shorty (days not weeks).

John

written by: oscar

Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:37:21 +0100 BST

Hi John,

Good to hear! I'll be looking forward to it.
About the eigenbrowser not working, I meant to say: it does open, but there don't apear any items or text in the browser, so there's nothing to browse through.
I'm using windows7

Good luck with the programming.

written by: jim

Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:54:30 +0100 BST

Hi Oscar.

Do you think you can post a bug report using the bug reporter tool. I haven't seen the browser behavior you mention, but the logs the bug report will include will give me a clue as to what's going on. Please post the bug after opening the browser.

Jim Chapman
Eigenlabs

written by: nico

Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:34:09 +0100 BST

Hi ,

Like "Goldenratio" i try to download the windows EigenD version but in vain ...
Each time the download stop.
I tried in using Firefox , Chrome , Free Download Manager , wget .. during days and nights ...
Firefox cut after 238mo , wget after 2go.
What's wrong with rackspacecloud server ?
I've not hear my pico again :( , I would do anything but look at my box :)

Any idea ?
Thanks a lot .

written by: nico

Fri, 22 Oct 2010 03:31:00 +0100 BST

Finally , the download is achieved :)
No worry apart from my home internet network.
i will check my personnal parameters, so sorry for my first post.

Now eigenD is running on my seven 32bits (2.4ghz 2go Ram)
i've seen just 2 crashes : runtime error 6025 virtual call

For all the rest,i say thanks Eigenlabs and good job to the developper team

Nico.

written by: Tones2

Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:31:47 +0000 GMT

Has anyone tried the stable Windows 7 version on a Vista 64 bit machine? I know it's not officially supported, but I'm just wondering if it would actually work at all.

Tony

Please log in to join the discussions