Forum Archive

Forum

Software: THE COMMANDER!

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi all,

The Commander is an application (only currently available in unstable software releases) which allows you to input Belcanto, the language that we use for configuring EigenD internally, via a command line interface. It also contains a command history (you will notice Belcanto phrases appearing here as you press the metronome start/stop key for example) and a dictionary of all the Belcanto phrases available for use.

We are currently putting together some documentation to get people started with useful Belcanto phrases - I will post more information as it becomes available.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: gazgoldstar

Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:32:10 +0000 GMT

Aha! Folks, the unstable 1.1.0 that has just been released contains a very interesting development. The Commander!

This finally discloses some of the secrets of the the mystical Belcanto. It has the dictionary of Belcanto phrases in it which shows how powerful these instruments could be once this system is learnt. But, PHEW! that looks like a major job although I think the factory setup 1 for the Pico has introduced us to the notion of key commands of a sort. I thought this thread could start a discussion to try and decode what it all could possibly mean!

written by: geert

Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:51:14 +0000 GMT

Hmm, interesting, the commander didn't use to show up with unstable5 ... however unstable6 has it indeed. I'm wondering if this is intended since a few days ago I was told that it wasn't ready yet. Anyway, this is great as we're now able to start to experiment ... great discovery!

Maybe we can aggregate our findings in the wiki?
http://wiki.eigenzone.org

written by: geert

Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:55:47 +0000 GMT

Seems like in time we should be able to send Belcanto through the commander directly by playing notes on the Eigenharp. Can't find how to do that now though, but this is indeed similar to what I've seen the guys at Eigenlabs use. The major thing that's missing is the workbench that shows the entire setup and how everything is linked together.

written by: stuwyatt

Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:59:05 +0000 GMT

I noticed the commander too with the latest unstable release... It is fantastic that you can see the script code generated by each keypress. Apart from a few random lines that I've enetered, I haven't dived in totally yet. It looks like an interesting (and quite unique) scripting language.

written by: sam

Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:38:11 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

The Commander is an application (only currently available in unstable software releases) which allows you to input Belcanto, the language that we use for configuring EigenD internally, via a command line interface. It also contains a command history (you will notice Belcanto phrases appearing here as you press the metronome start/stop key for example) and a dictionary of all the Belcanto phrases available for use.

We are currently putting together some documentation to get people started with useful Belcanto phrases - I will post more information as it becomes available.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Please log in to join the discussions