Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Accessing Virtual Instruments in EigenD?

Most Recent

written by: KaylaK

You're most welcome :) Have fun playing!

K x

written by: Foveus

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:19:45 +0000 GMT

I have Logic Studio (9), ProTools LE 8, Komplete 6, and Garageband all installed on the same computer that is running EigenD. As each of these programs contains a vast amount of virtual instruments, loop-s and effects I would like to be able to access them via EigenD and play them on the Eigenharp. Currently, EigenD sees all of the Komplete instruments (Absynth, Reaktor etc) but it does not see any of the Logic instruments or apple loops. Is anyone else running Logic and are you able to access its AU's .. if so how is this done? I assume I need to drag files into folders but I would have hoped EigenD would have done this during installation.

On a similar note, there are many free soundfont files on the web ... once downloaded, where do we put these files so EigenD can see and play them?

Thanks

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:34:37 +0000 GMT

Hi Foveus,

We've nearly finished doing a video which demonstrates the Eigenharp accessing Pro Tools' virtual instruments - will be up in a couple of days so I'll post here when it's ready!

Regarding SoundFonts, you just drag and drop them into the SoundFonts folder within your Library, then access them through the Browser as normal :)

Hope that helps!

Kayla

written by: prstorms

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:05:06 +0000 GMT

I don't have a "SoundFonts" folder within my library. Can I simply create one for this purpose... and if so, will the browser know to look there?

Thanks,
Pat

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:14:38 +0000 GMT

I think that's what I did! I called it "Soundfont", and it seems to work ok - it's within

Users > Library > Eigenlabs > Soundfont

:)

written by: geert

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:52:43 +0000 GMT

Hi Foveus,

This should help you:
http://eigenzone.org/2009/12/08/eigenharp-pico-playing-garageband-instruments/

Take care,

Geert

written by: stuwyatt

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 00:13:12 +0000 GMT

Many thanks for that tutorial Geert! Much appreciated!

written by: prstorms

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:03:50 +0000 GMT

Aha... found the Soundfont folder, Kayla... many thanks!

Pat

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:11:05 +0000 GMT

You're most welcome :) Have fun playing!

K x

Please log in to join the discussions